Wednesday, April 10, 2013

More Than Conquerors

Romans 8:37 "In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us” (KJV).

Romans 8:37 has always been my verse for any kind of troubles I faced. When there were pressures or problems, I would quote, “In all these things I am more than conqueror through Him who loved me.” This verse reminds me that God helped me to overcome anything that tried to “destroy” my faith in Him.

Would I give up because some people would look down at me when God actually changed my life? Would I allow the problems or pressures to stop me from loving Jesus? Would I allow my heart to be filled with unforgiving spirit? To be more than a conqueror means “I am able to forgive and to show Christ’s love to them.”

I like the Amplified Bible that says, “Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors and gain a surpassing victory through Him who loved us.” I gained victory when Christ enabled me to forgive others. I gained victory when I am able to love my enemies. I gained victory when I am able to bless them that cursed me. I gained victory when I am good to them that hate me. I gained victory when I pray for them who despitefully used me (Matthew 5:44).

New Century Living Bible says, “But in all these things we have full victory through God who showed his love for us.” Remember His love for us while we were a sinner. Go and show love to others while they are hurting us. That is how we gain victory and become more than conqueror. Not just a conqueror to put up with things, but rise above those conflicts and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and be a mighty conqueror for Him.

Those who are more than conqueror and those who already know how to be victorious will be able to ride on horses when Christ leads us into the battle force from heaven toward earth someday. Oh what a glorious day that will be.

For now, let us practice forgiveness!

Dorothy

No comments: