Monday, April 22, 2013

Jeremiah's Anguished

Jeremiah 15: 18 “Why then does my suffering continue? Why is my wound so incurable? Your help seems as uncertain as a seasonal brook. It is like a spring that has gone dry” (NLT).

Do you ever felt like God was not helping you at all? Why is God so slow in things when you need His help so badly? Were there any prophets that ever felt that way? Jeremiah was one of the prophets that went through anguished (painful and distressful) times. Let’s learn something from Jeremiah.

Jeremiah accused God for not helping him when he really needed it. Jeremiah was feeling sorry for himself. Jeremiah was angry, hurt, and afraid. Jeremiah had taken his eyes off God’s purpose. In response, God did not get angry at Jeremiah. God answered Jeremiah reminding him of His plan for him to be God’s mouthpiece. Jeremiah was to influence the people because the enemy was fighting against Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 15:19 “The Lord replied, “If you return to me, I will restore you so you can continue to serve me. If you speak words that are worthy, you will be my spokesman. You are to influence them; do not let them influence you! 20They will fight against you like an attacking army, but I will make you as secure as a fortified wall. They will not conquer you, for I will protect and deliver you. I, the Lord, have spoken! 21Yes, I will certainly keep you safe from these wicked men. I will rescue you from their cruel hands” (NLT).

Sometimes it is just seems impossible to endure such situations, but God is asking us to continue to trust Him and His great plan for us. So let us pray.

“Dear Heavenly Father, we thank you that our greatest victory was won when we received salvation through the death and resurrection of Jesus. Because He conquered death, we will too. Glory to you, God! Even after that victory we still need your help, Lord, for the daily battles over the strongholds of doubt and pain. We thank you for the Holy Spirit who lives inside of us to become mighty conquerors against the battles day by day. We trust you and we praise you that you have equipped us with everything we need to accomplish this in Jesus’ name we pray. Amen!

May the Lord be with you today!

Song: Never Failed Me Yet
Never failed me yet,
Never failed me yet,
Jesus’ love never failed me yet.
This one thing I know
That where ever I go
Jesus’ love never failed me yet.
(Collection of songs)

No comments: