Monday, December 13, 2010

Wonderfully Made

Psalm 139:14 kjv
"I will praise thee (God); for I am fearfully (amazing) and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy (God's) works ..."

Have you ever look at yourself and say, "I am not happy with the way I look?" What does God's Word have to say about that? NVC: David said, "You made my whole being; you formed me in my mother's body. I praise You because You made me in an amazing and wonderful way. What You have done is wonderful. I (David) know this well" (Psalm 139:13-14).

When Samuel, the prophet came to Jesse to call out his seven sons because God told Samuel that one of Jesse's son would be a chosen King of Israel. All sons were lined up and Samuel went one by one. Samuel was sure it would be one of them because they looked so handsome, maybe tall and maybe well-built bodies. But God told Samuel, it was not them.

He asked the father, Jesse if he had any more sons. "Ahh yes, David was out in the field with his sheep." Jesse thought, "No! He's short, too young, and not perfect to be a future King." Then David was brought in and Samuel looked over at David, "Lord? David?" God spoke to Samuel, "I do not look at the outward appearance of men. I look at the heart. I have chosen David" (1 Sam.16:7-13).

No wonder David quoted "I praise You (God) because You made me in an amazing and wonderful way." So God is looking inside your heart. Your heart toward God is more important than your appearance. So let's thank Him for what we are and let our heart love God today!

Song: He Looked Beyond My Fault
Amazing grace will always be my song of praise,
For it was grace that bought my liberty;
I do not know just why He came to love me so,
He looked beyond my fault and saw my need.
I shall forever lift my eyes to Calvary.
To view the cross where Jesus died for me;
How marvelous the grace that caught my falling soul!
He looked beyond my fault and saw my need.
(Dottie Rambo, Country Songs)