Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year

Dec 28 2010 - January 1 2011 Bread Box

Psalm 16:11a
"You will show me the path of life" (Amplified).

The new year is coming. There are many things going on around us. David focus on God and said, "in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore". (Ps.16:11b Amplified).

The poem I found from a book called, Becoming a Prayer Warrior by Elizabeth Alves. The poem is written by Sandra Goodwin.

I Traveled on My Knees

Last night I took a journey to Israel across the seas;
I did not go by boat or plane, I traveled on my knees.
I saw so many people there with scars and wounds within.
But God told me that I should go--there was oil to pour from Him.
I replied, "Lord, I cannot go and work with such as these."
He answered quickly, "Yes you can, by traveling on your knees."
He said, "You pray, I'll meet their need, you call and I will hear.
Be concerned about the fate of those both far and near."
And so I tried it, knelt in prayer, gave up some hours of ease.
I felt the Lord right by my side while traveling on my knees.
As I pray on and saw them helped, and badly wounded healed,
I saw God's workers' strength renewed while laboring on the field.
I said, "Yes, Lord, I have a job--my desire Thy will to please,
I can go and heed Thy call by traveling on my knees."
--Adapted from a poem by Sandra Goodwin.

So let us focus the new year with "Traveling on our knees."
May God bless you! And a Happy New Year!!!!

Dorothy