Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pray Without Ceasing

I Samuel 12:23-24
KJV: Moreover as for me, God forbid that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and the right way: 24. Only fear the Lord, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you.

“God forbid that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray.”

Who said this? Samuel. Samuel was a man of prayer. First, he was born in answer to his mother’s prayer. [Story of Hannah 1-2:11]. Hannah presented Samuel to the Lord and Samuel was a child when he served the Lord. He grew up serving the Lord all the days of his life and Samuel always prayed for His people. Samuel would not slack off praying for His people even when Israel had sinned against God many times. Samuel “prays without stopping.”

The story of Samuel encourages me to remember to pray for our deaf people. New Century Version quoted “I will surely not stop praying for you, because that would be sinning against the Lord. I will teach you what is good and right. You must honor the Lord and truly serve him with all your heart. Remember the wonderful things he did for you!” Wow, it was a powerful conviction for Samuel and I pray that this will help us to know how important it is to pray for others. The Holy Spirit will leads us who to pray for and He is the one that knows how to pray through. Praise the Lord!

Song: Bless His Holy Name
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and
all that is within me, bless His holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and
all that is within me, bless His holy name!
He has done great things, He has done great things,
He has done great things—Bless His holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and
all that is within me, bless His holy name!
[Ps. 103:1; Andrae Crouch]