Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pray That All The Families of the Earth be blessed

Genesis 12:2,3 Emphasize:
I will bless thee; and be thou a blessing: in thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed.

When did we first receive our heritage of faith? It begins with Abraham’s faith in God’s Word, “And I will make thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed” [Gen.12:2,3 KJV].

God had a plan. God had a plan for us through Abraham. God speaks of a spiritual blessing that would come through a descendant of Abraham. Abraham was only blessed that he might be a blessing to all the earth. Israel prays for blessing, that God may be known among all nations. Paul speaks that this blessing refers to the gospel of Christ offered to all the nations [Gal. 3:8,16]. When we accept Jesus Christ into our hearts, we were blessed. Every believer, just as much as Abraham, is only blessed that he may carry God’s blessing to the world. Do you want God to bless you? Then bless someone today. May this song become your prayer: “Make Me a Blessing.”

Chorus:
Make me a blessing, Make me a blessing;
Out of my life may Jesus shine;
Make me a blessing, O Savior, I pray,
Make me a blessing to someone today.

1. Out in the highways and byways of life
Many are weary and sad;
Carry the sunshine where darkness is rife,
Making the sorrowing glad. [Chorus]
2. Tell the sweet story of Christ and His love;
Tell of His power to forgive;
Others will trust Him if only you prove
True every moment you live.
[Ira B. Wilson & George S. Schuler]