Friday, April 17, 2009

I’d Rather Have Jesus

The Book called, “Simply Jesus” by Joe Stowell. The part that talked about Paul has reminded me of the song, “I’d Rather Have Jesus.” Why? Because Paul counted it (himself, what he had and what he was) all worthless so He could have Christ. I pray that this devotion and the song will touch your heart to be able to sing with heartfelt song.

Phillippians 3:7-11, NLT, Emphasis Added.
“I once thought all these things were so very important, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I may have Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own goodness or my ability to obey God’s law, but I trust Christ to save me. For God’s way of making us right with himself depends on faith. As a result, I can really know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I can learn what it means to suffer with him, sharing in this death, so that, somehow, I can experience the resurrection from the dead!”

Song: I’d Rather Have Jesus
1. I’d Rather Have Jesus than silver or gold,
I’d rather be His than have riches untold (plenty),
I’d Rather Have Jesus than houses or lands,
I’d rather be led by His nail pierced hand
Than to be the king (queen) of the vast domain (great ruler),
Or be held in sin’s dread (terrible) sway (stray).
I Rather Have Jesus than an – y – thing
this world affords (gives) today.

2. I’d Rather Have Jesus than men’s (people’s ) applause (praise),
I’d rather be faithful to His dear cause (calls),
I’d Rather Have Jesus than world-wide fame,
I’d rather be true to His holy name
Than to be the king (queen) of the vast (great) domain (ruler),
Or be held in sin’s dread (dark) sway (stray).
I’d Rather Have Jesus than an – y – thing
this world affords (gives) today.
[Words by Rhea F. Miller; Music by George Beverly Shea]