Thursday, November 6, 2008

I Say Unto You

John 1:1, 18; 10:30 NCV
v1: In the beginning there was the Word. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. v18: No one has ever seen God. But God the only Son is very close to the Father, and he has shown us what God is like. v10:30: “The Father and I are one.”
1 John 5:20 NCV
We also know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding so that we can know the True One and in his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the true God and the eternal life.

I SAY UNTO YOU.
Jesus introduced His sayings with “I say unto you” [Mat.5:18,20,22,32,39; 11:22,24; Mark 9:1; 10:15; Luke 10:12; 12:4; John 5:19; 6:26; 8:34]. Everything that Jesus spoke was the word of God, for He is, after all, God. He had divine authority within Himself to speak the word of God. It is so important to listen to Jesus’ words that “He that heareth my word, and believeth on him (the Father) that sent me (Jesus), hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation” [John 5:24]. Jesus is so closely identified with the word of God that He is actually called “the Word’.

“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us [John 1:14b]. “We write to you about the Word” [1 John 1:1b]. “...his name is the Word of God” [Rev. 19:13b].

What does this mean to me?
I remember in 1974, there was a Harvest Choir who came to Peoria, Illinois at Assembly of God. Karen Crews preached a sermon, “If you want to see Jesus, just come to the altar and bring your Bible; open them and read His Word. He will become real to you.” I have never forgotten this quote and when I want Jesus to become real to me, I’ll study His Word and let His Word become active and alive inside of me. Praise God. I pray for the Deaf everywhere to be able to read His Word through watching the American Sign Language in Jesus’ name, amen.