Saturday, August 29, 2020

Come Home 8/27-31/20

27-31 August 2020 - Come Home – Manna by Dorothy & Tony Callies

            John 14:1-3 Jesus said, “Don’t let your heart be troubled. Trust in God, and trust in Me.  There are many rooms in my Father’s house; I would not tell you this if it were not true. I am going there to prepare a place for you.  After I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with Me so that you may be where I am” (NCV).
           
            Do you ever felt lost in the busy surroundings?  We get so busy that when we are finally by ourselves, our bodies gets worn out and we rest and might felt a little lost.  It is like our lives are being in the washing machine filled with water and the machine twisted our clothes again and again until all the dirt comes out of the clothes to get it real clean. But it has to be rinsed again, and the clothes get to be twisted and turned over and over. The next process is the wringer, squeezing the water out while it spins very fast.  
            But that is not all.  The clothes has to be put inside the dryer.  Again, it rolled over and over for a half hour or so to get them dry. It felt like the clothes get so dizzy from being rolled around. Sometimes I felt like “life is like that.”  It seems confusing, but the washing machine and the dryer knows what they are doing while the clothes doesn’t seem to understand its purpose or the process of doing it.  
            I visualize our God is like a washing machine and a dryer that He allows us to go through things like that. Notice something, the clothes were inside the washing machine, it is like we are inside of God’s washing machine, He is there … like a dryer during drying time, He is there ...
            Interesting thoughts this morning … Why? Because the news tells us that so many people lost their home through the fires and the storms. Through 700 Club gave news that Christians are being killed for their belief in Christ in Africa.  I questioned God how do You give answer to this situation to those who are going through so much.  Are You God even there in these situations? 
            The inspiration came to me through the song: Come Home. It melt my heart … come home.  I found the old Manna since I was looking for something else … but I came to the song that touched my heart.  Of all things we go through, Jesus was singing … “Come Home …” Oh, we have a place to look forward to in spite of all things that are happenings to us.  Come home …
            Jesus reminds us: “Do not let your heart be troubled. Trust God. Trust in Me. And I have prepared a home for you.  You are coming home soon. Just keep your eyes on Me.”  While we sing ‘come home’ allow your inner spirit to feel rest in God’s presence and be at home with Him on earth at the same time looking forward to be home with Jesus soon. 
          Let the song gives healing to our ‘lost’ situations and come home to Jesus.

Song: Softly and Tenderly (Come Home)
Chorus: Come home, come home,
You who are weary, come home…
Earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling,
Calling, O sinner, come home…
1. Softly and tenderly, Jesus is calling,
Calling for you and for me.
See on the portals He’s waiting and watching,
Watching for you and for me. (Chorus)
(Lyric: Will L. Thompson)

May the Lord bless you today! 
Dorothy 

No comments: