Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Testimony on Deut. 8:3 - 8/1-7/10

01-07 August 2020 – Story of My Testimony – Manna by Dorothy & Tony
Theme: My testimony on Deut. 8:3

Deuteronomy 8:3 “… He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord.” Matthew 4:4 Jesus said: “… It is written ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.”

Satan challenged Jesus to command the stones to become bread if He is the Son of God. This is the “lust of the flesh” that Satan used to satisfy the hunger of earthly people. Satan’s purpose was to tempt Jesus to act independently of God the Father and God the Holy Spirit to satisfy natural hunger in an unnatural way.  Satan wanted Jesus to do the right thing in the wrong way.  Jesus had no desire to obey the tempter and turn stones into bread.  [Part from the commentary ‘The Christian Life Bible.’]

I want to emphasize the word independently. It is important to understand that Satan used this temptation all the time in the wrong way. It means not being controlled or ruled by another: Free like independent nation. There are some good things to become independent, but there are other that being independent could bring destructive to ourselves such as being independent from God.  Like some say, “I don’t need God.”

God does not control us, but guide us gently to be obedience to His Word and to live peacefully. God offered us a choice to obey or not to obey which means to become independently. “I want what I want to do.  No one tell me what to do. I have the rights to do what I want.” This statement depends on whether it is a good thing or if it is a bad thing.  Good independent can be constructive while bad independent can be destructive.  However, know this that it is a very common tricks that Satan put within the hearts of people especially to Eve. Eve became independent after Satan influence her to eat the forbidden fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. 

My testimony was that I had thought that studying the Bible lessons would become too much for me. Manna was okay, short and sweet.  Sitting so long became a problem and it hurts my body. I thought that my age would be the reason to cut down on lessons.  As a result, I noticed the heavy pressures, feeling weight down, and struggle with my flesh.  My natural strength was low and I felt different.  I couldn’t figure it out.

Until the end of July’s Manna that I discovered through the list of Satan’s tricks or lies. It was an eye-opening for me.  Then God spoke to my heart, “You were at war with Satan for three months. That’s why I asked you to focus on Spiritual Warfare. You were not aware of Satan’s clever tricks by using your “old age” to prevent you to study the topic, “Satan.” I ask the deaf to support me with prayer and offering to help my ministry.

Suddenly, I felt delivered.  I felt new strength.  I felt anointed of Holy Spirit.  My “old age” turned into blessings movement of my body. I started to exercise a little.  I learn to take a break in between from studying lessons. Get up, drink water and stretch my body, then back to study lessons.  I came across the study of Satan: The Tempter. 

How Jesus quoted from Duet. 8:3, “… Man shall not live by bread alone …” That’s why I became miserable for three months … living on flesh alone … depending on my limited strength, my ‘old age’ alone … thinking eating right food alone … That was Satan’s tricks.

When I went back to study the Bible lessons more often, my inner spirit felt the anointing of Holy Spirit, I was more blessed.  I had more energy.  My body felt light and I felt good. Then I understood when Jesus said, “Man … shall live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God” (Matt. 4:4).  “The mouth of God’s Word” revived me more and more.  I was so thrilled to see a big difference.  I was so surprised that I could be tricks by Satan unaware.  God gave me spiritual insight to see the difference. So I pray that God will bless you with this Manna, my testimony so maybe you could learn from it and be set free from Satan’s bondage.

Song: Set My Spirit Free
Set my spirit free that
     I might worship Thee,
Set my spirit free that
     I might praise Thy name.
Let all bondage go, and
     let deliverance flow.
Set my spirit free
     to worship Thee.
(John Haddock, Sing His Praise)

May God bless you today!
Dorothy

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Amen!
Thank you for Fresh Manna daily.
Wendy

Dorothy Callies said...

You are welcome, Wendy!
Dorothy