Sunday, April 26, 2020

Glad Heart 4/23-26/20

23-26 April 2020 – Glad Heart – Manna by Dorothy & Tony Callies

Up in the morning I woke up with a song, but I interpret in sign language to “Oh tell (announce), me glad.” First English then second ASL song. It felt like the Holy Spirit encouraged me to have a glad heart through singing this song. I remember this song when I was a teenager and my mom would play the piano. 

At that time, I wore hearing aid and could carry the tune pretty good.  My three hearing brother who could not “sing” didn’t believe a deaf sister could carry the tune. Three brothers  showed up when my mother started to play the piano.  They listened to my singing and were shocked.  “Our deaf sister could sing? And we can’t sing a tune? How?” I don’t know but that’s the only one time song I could do that. If someone asked me if I could do that now. My answer is no because as I got older I became completely deaf and cannot hear the music at all. 

I still have the music in my spirit because of so many memories while growing up so Holy Spirit knew to bring up the song He choose to remind me to sing to Him. It often happened during the night while I was asleep.  It’s an awesome experience that Holy Spirit is still active and keeping us in tune with God.

Song: Oh, Say, But I’m Glad
1. There is a song in my heart today,
Something I never had;
Jesus has taken my sins away;
Oh say, but I’m glad!
Chorus:
Oh say, but I’m glad, I’m glad;
Oh say, but I’m glad!
Jesus has come
   and my cup over-run;
Oh say, but I’m glad!

2. Wonderful, marvelous love He brings
Into a heart that’s sad;
Thro’ darkest tunnels the soul just sings,
Oh say, but I’m glad!
(Next Chorus)
(James P. Sullivan, Sing His Praise)

ASL chorus: Oh say= O tell (announced)
O , , tell, me glad, me glad . .
O . . tell, me glad . . .!
Jesus finished come
   and my heart fully flow;
O . . tell, me glad . . . !
[Only intend in ASL)

What was the reason to be glad? Another song gives an answer:
Song: “Twas a Glad Day When Jesus Found Me.”
‘Twas (It was) a glad day when Jesus found me;
When His strong arms were thrown around me,
When my sins He buried in the deepest sea,
And my soul He filled with joy and victory,
‘Twas a glad day, O hallelujah!
‘Twas a glad day He claimed His own;
I will shout a glad hosanna in glory
When I see Him upon His throne.
(Albert Simpson Reitz, Sing His Praise)

Oh, may the Lord bless you today!
Dorothy

No comments: