Friday, January 3, 2020

In Quietness 1/1-15/20

01-15 January 2020 – In Quietness – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Isaiah 30:15 “. . . in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength . . .”

I was reading devotion looking for reason and I chose words and point it out for myself.  “Remember that your life is an integral (needed for completeness) part of God’s plan. So don’t become unduly (excessive or get too much) upset over the minor (small things) inconveniences (things mess up) of life, and don’t worry too much about today’s setbacks—they are temporary.”

“Make time to be still before God. Use the quiet moment to offer thanksgiving and praise to our Creator.  During those moment of stillness, I pray to sense the love and wisdom of God in all the crisis situation I am facing each day.”  Here’s a song that blessed me so much.

Song: Blessed Quietness
Blessed quietness, holy quietness,
What assurance (promise) in my soul!
On the stormy sea, He speaks peace to me;
How the billows cease to roll!
  ASL (Awesome waves become still!)
(Lyrics: Manie Payne Ferguson, Sing His Praise)

God bless you,
Dorothy




No comments: