Friday, December 27, 2019

Through It All 12/28-31/19

28-31 Dec 2019 – Through It All – Manna by Dorothy and Tony Callies

Mark 13:13 “. . . he that endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.”
NIV: “. . . he (you) who stands firm to the end will be saved.”

We are coming to the end of December 31, 2019 for the last time. What do I remember the year of 2019 that stands out in my mind at this moment? I thought about it  . . . “God!” I couldn’t remember any details of events, but I do remember that God was there from time to time. That was a precious memory that just strengthen my faith, “God!”    

Since I couldn’t remember details, I looked into my calendar of 2019 and scan through it month by month.  I could not believe so many challenged things had happened. Then the quote came to me, “Through it all.”  I found the song.   

Song: Through It All
Through it all, through it all,
I’ve learned to trust in Jesus,
I’ve learned to trust in God!
Through it all, through it all,
I’ve learned to depend upon His Word.
(Andrae Crouch, Sing His Praise)

So the key was to trust in Jesus! And to trust in God and to depend upon His Word! That’s when I remembered. Depending on His Word encouraged my soul through the year of 2019. I want to share a part of devotion I had read.

“We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. (Heb. 6:19)” In difficult times, how can we have hope when we would face with challenge situations? Those who put their faith in God’s promises knows that:
            *God is good.
            * God’s love endures.
            * God’s promised the gift of eternal life.
            * God keeps His promises.

John Eldredge quotes, “Faith looks back and draws courage; hope looks ahead and keeps desire alive.”

God bless you! 
Dorothy

No comments: