Sunday, June 9, 2019

Worship 19 - 6/9-12/19

09 - 12 June 2019 - Building Character 19 – Manna by Dorothy & Tony Callies
            Theme:  Worship Builds Character - Series 19
Psalm 100:2-3 “Worship the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs.  Know that the Lord is God.  It is He who made us, and we are His, we are His people, the sheep of His pasture.”

Wise men and women choose to worship God.  When we worship God faithfully and fervently, we are blessed.  Blessed with what?  We are blessed with plentiful harvest of joy, peace, and abundance.

Worship reminds us of the awesome power of God.  So we are encouraged to worship God often.  Even take a moment before you start your car, and thank Him for the day to come. This allow God to work through us every day of the week—not just on Sunday. The best way to worship God is to worship God sincerely and often. 

As for Tony and me, we used the Lord’s Prayer to worship Him for a few moment before we start driving our car.  This helps us to be aware of God as our Creator who wants us to come before Him with thankful hearts.  Every night, by our bed, Tony and I worship Him through Lord’s Prayer, songs, and/or other prayers for friends and families for few minutes. 

Sometimes throughout the day, I felt an urge to spend a few moment to concentrate on our Heavenly Father in silence, and thanking Him, and quoting some verses about how great He is.  When I think of that verse, “Know that the Lord is God,” I felt like something “surge inside of me.”  God moves in me like waves.  God is making me feel alive in my inner spirit, giving me energy, and strength to carry out our daily routine. “Worship does build our character with God in it.”  Thank You, Abba, Daddy!  Awesome Abba!

Song:  Worship Him
Worship Him for who He is;
Let His glory roll (continue);
God of all this universe,
Lover of my soul.

Holy One of Israel,
Lord of hosts is He.
King of kings,
     the righteous Judge,
He my Friend shall be.

Wonderful, Counselor,
Prince of Peace His name.
Rose of Sharon, Morning Star,
Evermore the same.
(Lyrics & Music: Sam Mason, Sing His Praice)

Thank You, Abba, Daddy!  I love You!

Dorothy

No comments: