Sunday, June 23, 2019

Trials 23 - 6/23-26/19

23-26 June 2019 - Building Character 23 – Manna by Dorothy & Tony Callies
Theme: Trials Builds Character – Series 23

James 1:2-3 NLT, “Dear brothers and sisters, whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.”

Why are trials so important to those who believes in the Lord Jesus Christ when we thought life should be easy?  The answer is in James 1:4, “So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything.” Notice the key words: strong in character and hold that thought… strong in character.

Maybe you asked, “But I don’t understand why trials?  Why would God allows trials or trouble time?  So here we lack wisdom … why God does this.  James encouraged us … “If you need wisdom—if you want to know what God wants you to do—ASK HIM, and He will gladly tell you.  He will not resent your asking” (James 1:5). 

So here James who was the half-brother of Jesus Christ, encourages us to ask God for wisdom and God will gladly answer us through His Word. And James also continue to give advice how to ask God the right way from James 1:6-8 on NLT. 

“But when you ask Him, be sure that you really expect Him to answer, for a doubtful mind is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.  People like that should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.  They can’t make up their minds.  They waver back and forth in everything they do” (James 1:6-8 NLT).  

So it is important to God that you have faith in Him and do not doubt in your mind about God, Himself.  Hebrew 11:6 tell us that “… Anyone who wants to come to Him must believe that there is a God …” (NLT).  What is God’s goal for us? Strong in character like His Son, Jesus Christ (Roman 8:29).  It doesn’t take overnight to build a strong character.  It is a growing process, day by day, continue to depend on Him and trust Him.  I really praise the Lord for His Word has built me up, wow!

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this Manna that remind me of your love, your power, your promises and your Son.  When I am weak, I will turn to you for strength; when I am worried, I will turn to you for comfort, when I am troubled, I will turn to you for patience and see things Your ways.  Thank you for the trials that gives us a chance to grow and learn how to have a joyful and thankful heart. In Jesus’ name. Amen!

Song: The Joy of the Lord is My Strength
The joy of the Lord is my strength and He is my life.
The joy of the Lord is my strength and He is my life.
He gives us the victory
    when my heart is filled with praises to Thee.
The joy of the lord is my strength and He is my life.
(Inspiring Choruses)

God bless you!
Dorothy 

No comments: