Thursday, June 6, 2019

Beyond Worry 18 - 6/5-8/19

05-08 June 2019 - Building Character 18 – Manna by Dorothy & Tony Callies
            Theme: Beyond Worry – Series 18
John 14:1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled.  You believe in God; believe also in me.”

What interests me to continue this title “Beyond Worry?”  Looking at weather channels, gave report that there were 500 tornadoes area of Midwest throughout USA.  That was very unusual since the weather have been hot and cold temperatures clashed that created tornadoes.  It’s enough for any of us to worry, but yet Jesus quoted, “Let not your hearts be troubled!”  I remind myself: God knows what He is doing, trust Him!

So when Jesus said, “Men ought always to pray.”  I did exactly that.  I constantly plead the blood of Jesus over us, the cities, the states, and the people.  All I could do was to trust Him to take care of us.  Pray that God send help to those who need it.  And He will!

We have the ability to think, and we also have the ability to worry.  Jesus knew this and He continues to speak to us from Matthew 6:25-27, 34.  This beautiful passage reminds us that God still sits in His heaven, and we are His beloved child.  Perhaps we would worry a little less and trust God a little more, knowing that God protected us. 

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air, they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?  Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own” (Matt. 6:25-27, 34 NIV).

Have you ever wondered why we have so many birds all around us, flying, nesting, and looking for foods?  Come to think of it!  They are a constant reminder that we are so much more valuable than the birds!  It’s like Jesus is saying, “So stop worry. Look at the birds!”  Wow!  That is impressive because for me that is a new approach of “Beyond Worry.”  Now I believe that every time, I go out and see the birds, I will remind myself, “Don’t worry!  God will take care of us!”  

There’s a song that I remember:  “His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.   I sing because I’m happy; I sing because I’m free; For His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.”  Jesus’ word is powerful and it penetrated our deepest soul, even when I think, “I’m not worry!”  Yet Jesus knew, we need to go “Beyond our Worries” and He quoted those words to go deeper into our inner spirit and be set free completely. 

Song: Set My Spirit Free
Set my spirit free that I might worship Thee.
Set my spirit free that I might praise Thy name.
Let all bondage go, and let deliverance flow.
Set my spirit free to worship Thee.
(John Haddock, Sing His Praise)

God Bless you so much!

Dorothy

No comments: