Monday, January 28, 2019

Part 2 Biscuit Story 1/28-29/19


Note: Karen Batts send the FB Prayer Biscuit and the detailed story of the young Pastor. 

God send this young pastor to this old church to just preach there. He then got the called on his life to be a pastor of this church. He really rage of war becoming a pastor of this OLD CHURCH with many being old folks.  

He took the call of God to take this church as his FIRST JOB AS A PASTOR. He met this elder and felt comfortable with him … making his first day on the job easy one … instead this elder guy open with this prayer as you just read ... but missing all the emotion the pastor gone through with this prayer.

Buttermilk … Pastor freak out!  "No!  I’m not ready to repair this kind of prayer! 
Lard … Pastor drops into deep sigh! 
Flour … Pastor knows now this really over his head in handling nut case people in the backwoods places people.

But then tears flow gently when he heard how much he loved biscuits … the Holy Spirit said to the pastor … oh! The Bread of Life is Mighty in this place! I will work the work of Him that send Me in this church!   Pastor rose up and told everyone that The Holy Spirit is here right now!  What shall We Do?  

The whole church rose up and bend down on bending knees and started singing, praising God, and speaking in tongues … which he had NEVER heard of.  The next six years … most of the older generations had passed on and behold new life of young people came in their places of who had passed on.

Behind the church where till lies the old generation are buried there.  This young new pastor go to their graves, sitting and recall many life lessons he learned in those six years.  He became like them! Mighty in the Spirit and Strong in Faith … counting his many blessing … one by one …Thanking on bending knees for such solid sheep in the flock of Great Simple Faith.  These are the one who brought "as on earth as in Heaven" lessons.

This was his last church. He died and was buried in the same old generation grave site … on his stone it read this … "I truly hate, butter milk, lard, and flour ... but I love biscuits! Thou O Lord are my only Biscuit of Life."

That is how I remember one of my old elder church friend who lead me to the Lord ... it brought tears to my soul,  today when I eat biscuits … I do think of my only Biscuit of life!   So this is very old story of the Biscuit of Life...which I called it because of the writing of the tomb stone of a learning pastor!

Karen Batts-- 

No comments: