Thursday, September 20, 2018

Words Sweet & News! 9/16-20/18

16-20 Sept 2018- Your Words Sweet and News! – Manna by Dorothy and Tony

Psalm 119:103 AMP: “How sweet are Your Words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!”

What other example would this verse clarify the meaning? Possible NCV: “Your promises are sweet to me, sweeter than the honey in my mouth!”  If we taste honey, it’s sweet.  This is supposed to compare God’s promises that is sweeter than the honey.

I try to imagine… like no fellowship with God and His Words for days and days, then the soul get parched (dry up), hungry spiritually, something is missing…  So we go back to Jesus and study His Words… Ahhhh that feels good… It’s like sweeter than normal taste of honey… Spiritually we “taste” His Words like honey, but it’s sweeter. 

Ever experience this?  I have.  When I get busy and forget… I miss my Manna… I go back, it’s feel like it’s sweeter to my soul. Prayer: Dear Lord, help me to stay with You and Your Words.  Bless my friends to stay true to you in Jesus’ name. Amen!  May the Lord bless your day!!

News! News! News!
I would like to share a small news with you!  David and Ruby Stecca were traveling East to PA and Delaware for events.  And I want to quote from DVC’s letter of August 2018. “We were also greatly encouraged by visit with a deaf pastor who reported that the Tony Callies’ Bible Studies had been well-received by the Deaf in a Central American country.  We had no idea the gospel was penetrating there.  Praise the Lord!” David & Ruby.

I want to explain that when Tony had completed first Titus, Jude and Philemon on verse by verse Bible Studies.  David asked Tony if he could work on the Bible Study on Hebrews.  Tony refused to do this because he knew it would involve a lot of labor. 

Sometimes later, while we were at home, David and Ruby drove 2 hours from their home to our Mobile home in 1985’s. Tony was surprised and wondered what’s up. David, patiently asked Tony again to please accept the need to work on Hebrews. David explained why it was important for the Deaf to understand what the book of Hebrews was all about.  Tony sighed and said that he would think about it. 

Sometimes later, the Lord really did touched Tony’s heart to take this labor. Tony spend many hours on studies on Hebrews which eventually worked with David to develop the lessons plan for taping. It took a few years to complete the book of Hebrews which involves  many long trips over the weekends.

Now, we hear that Tony’s Bible Studies had reached to the Deaf in a Central American Country.  Tony never dreamed that his studies could reached far and wide.  We give God the praise and glory for having done the wonderful works to reach the Deaf with gospel.

May God bless you!

No comments: