Sunday, September 23, 2018

Goodness & Mercy 9/21-25/18

21-25 Sept, 2018 - Surely Goodness and Mercy – Manna by Dorothy & Tony

Psalm 23:6 “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.”

I woke up early in the morning with the verse in my heart, “Thy Word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee” (Psalm 119:11).  Then I began to sing “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days, all the days of my life.” I repeat several times until I decided to check up the song book if there’s a song in it. Sure enough, there’s one.  Before I start to type those song, I research two references on Psalm 23:6.

From NCV, “Surely Your goodness and love will be with me all my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever.”  I like the Amplified Bible even more. “Surely or only goodness, mercy and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life; and through the length of days the house of the LORD [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.” Psalm 23:6.

The Psalmist, King David wrote “I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” During David’s time, there was an Ark in the temple where God’s presence had lived there until the cross where Jesus had died, “the veil of the temple was rent in twain (torn in two) from the top to the bottom” (Mark 15:38).  What does that means?

God’s Presence was no longer “a prisoner in the Ark of the Temple” that separated God, Himself from being among His people since the days of Moses. The veil of the temple that was torn in two means that God came out of the Temple that was located in one place in Jerusalem.  It was on the day of Pentecost, God’s outpouring Spirit dwell in the heart of believers who had accepted the blood of Jesus’ forgiveness of sins.

Now, God’s Spirit is no longer limited in one place.  Wherever we are, God’s Presence becomes our dwelling place in our hearts.  And God’s Presence is free to be everywhere, looking for the repented hearts that welcome His Presence forever.  Praise the Lord!

Song: Surely Goodness and Mercy
(Lyrics: John Willard Peterson; Alfred Barney Smith, Sing His Praise)
He restoreth my soul when I’m weary,
He giveth me strength day by day;
He leads me beside the still waters;
He guards each step of the way.
Chorus:
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me,
All the days, all the days of my life.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days, all the days of my life.

And I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever,
And I shall feast at the table spread for me;
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me,
All the days, all the days of my life.

And I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever,
And I shall feast at the table spread for me;
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days, all the days of my life.

May the Lord bless you as you welcome His presence!

Dorothy 

No comments: