Saturday, November 4, 2017

The Ways of God's Spirit 11/2-4/17

02-04 November 2017 - The Ways of God’s Spirit – Manna by Dorothy Callies

1 Cor. 2:10 “The Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God.”

            I would like to quote some of the emphasis (special attention to). I was reading from the War Room book which teaches the battle plan for prayer. I just felt led to study His Word again through this chapter 25. When I typed the word quote with “. . .” it means I quote it from this small part that I want us to notice. Then my name means I explain what I say or I interpret the meaning from the quote.
            Quote: “God knows we often can forget to pray, and not know what to pray, or how we should be praying (Rom. 8:26). . . And yet God urges us to keep entering into prayer anyway . . . knowing He can lead us through the One He has put into our hearts.”
            Dorothy: Often I felt like I just don’t know what to pray when I felt like prayers have not been answered. So sometimes I just don’t pray much . . . I just felt like resting in Him . . . trusting in Him . . . and then what impressed me was . . .
            Quote: “God urges us to keep entering into prayer anyway . . . knowing He can lead us through the One He has deposited into our hearts.”
            Dorothy: What deposited into my heart? When I pray, I just praise Him, thank Him, love Him, worship Him, sing to Him and keep on trusting Him when I don’t see prayers answered yet.  And I often don’t know what’s more to ask God for . . .
            Quote: “The Holy Spirit is the engine of the Christian life, guiding and empowering us to do what we cannot do on our own.”
            Dorothy: In my own word about the ‘Holy Spirit is the engine …’ It means Holy Spirit has the natural ability to put our prayers into right place. What Holy Spirit is?
            Quote: “He is the holy, rushing wind of God (John 3:8), breathing life through every part of our prayer lives.”
            Dorothy: Rushing wind of God, oh yes, sometimes I felt that gentle breeze when I just breathe and sigh when I was praying. I guess I didn’t realize that was to let me know that Holy Spirit was there, taking care of my prayer.
            Quote: “Thanks to His indwelling presence and loving encouragement, our utter (complete) helplessness is stabilized (set) by His faithful empowerment and utter (complete) provision.”
            Dorothy: This quote tells me that when I am helpless, Holy Spirit already empowered my prayer anyway and He is the One that explained to the Father exactly what I am trying to express what’s in my heart. So that’s what the verse meant: “The Spirit searches all things . . .”  “Even the depths of God?”
            Dorothy: This tells me that God has a deep secret plan for Tony and me that we haven’t seen God’s complete goal yet. I am thinking of you as a friend that God has a goal for you and that we are to trust our Potter, the One who guide our lives.
            Quote: “Our finite (limit) knowledge is surrounded by His infinite (unlimited) wisdom.  We offer Him our best work of prayer but trust His Spirit to launch it into far greater works” (John 14:12-17).
            Dorothy: Oh praise the Lord! This gives me understanding that the Holy Spirit is the One who searches all things and causes our prayer to do greater work that we have no idea what it could do or where it goes. That is the deep things of God.
            Prayer: God Father, I call unto You as Jehovah Jireh for provision . . .  You have given us the Holy Spirit to empower us to keep on praying and the Holy Spirit will take care of our praying. Thank You for reminding me through reading the “War Room” book. I could feel Your encouragement in my spirit and I thank You for that!  I continue to pray for my friends and my families to be healed. In Jesus’ name. Amen!

Song: Holy Spirit, You’re a Comfort
Holy Spirit, you’re a comfort to me,
Holy Spirit, you’re a comfort to me.
You lead me, you guide me,
With God’s Word, you helped me.
Holy Spirit, you’re a comfort to me.
(Song collections)

May God bless you!

Dorothy

No comments: