Monday, November 20, 2017

O I Want to See Him 11/14-20

14-20 November 2017 - O I Want to See Him – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Song: O I Want to See Him
Chorus:
O, I want to see Him, look upon His face
There to sing forever of His saving grace;
On the street of glory let me lift my voice;
Cares all past, home at last, ever to rejoice.

Verse:

As I journey thro' the land singing as I go,
Pointing souls to Calvary, to the crimson flow,
Many arrows pierce my soul from without, within;
But my Lord leads me on; thro' Him I must win.
[Words and Music: R.H. Cornelius]

Acts 1:10b,11 NCV
... two men wearing white clothes stood beside them. They said, "Men of Galilee, why are you standing here looking into the sky? Jesus, whom you saw taken up from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you saw him go."
Acts 1:14 NCV  They all continued praying together with some women, including Mary the mother of Jesus, and Jesus' brothers.”
Acts 7:55, 56 NCV “But Stephen was full of the Holy Spirit. He looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God and Jesus standing at God's right side. 56 He said, "Look! I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at God's right side."

Notes: Stephen Saw Jesus Standing
The Bible normally speaks of Jesus as seated at the right hand of God. But here Jesus stood up in order to welcome His first martyr to Himself. Stephen had confessed Christ before men and defended the faith. Now Christ, in honor of His servant, confesses him before His heavenly Father. For all faithful believers near death, the Savior stands ready to receive you as your intercessor and advocate.

Dorothy: What this mean to me? The song, "O, I want to see Him" encourages me that someday I will see Jesus. When I do see Him, I will see Him standing, waiting for me, welcoming me like He did with Stephen.

Why does Jesus stand? He shows respect and honor those who stood for Him. He wants to welcome us just like He welcome Stephen. While we are on the earth, remember Luke 18:1 says we should always pray and never lose hope like the persistent widow.

Thank You, Lord for reminding us with Luke 18:1 that we should always pray and not lose hope in Jesus’ name. Amen. May God bless you and I just want you to know that I am praying for you and encouraging you with the words of God.

Dorothy
(Revised from Manna from June 2009)

No comments: