Saturday, August 5, 2017

Secret Prayer, Revised 8/7/17

07 August 2017 Secret Prayer, News Revised as of 8/7/17 – by Dorothy Callies

Matthew 6:18 “Your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.”

I was doing a lot of private prayers when I was with Tony at nursing home.  When I got home, I was just wondering if God hears me. I guess I just need reassurance from God. He led to read the Daily Bread devotion with God’s Word from Matt. 6:18 and the part that says, “He hears our private prayers.”  That really inspires me. Especially after I studied on Chapter 10 from the War Room book, the postures of prayers. One of them was silence in prayer.

Using example of Hannah, when the Bible described Hannah’s prayer in anguish, "she was speaking in her heart, only her lips were moving, but her voice was not heard” (1 Samuel 1:13). No one could hear her silent prayer.  But God did.  And answered her request when she prayed for a child, Samuel.

Right now, this is an urgent prayer for Tony to increase his strength and that he has to been trained how to get up from the floor to the seat before he could be released.  Also pray for home service to check our apartment for accessibility for Tony.

Two more names has been added. Pastor Dale Boyd and Becky Reeder.  Thank you for your prayers.  If you like you could check out the Deaf Prayer Partners Lifeline Blog and see the names on the list. 


No comments: