Thursday, August 10, 2017

Anchors in the Storm 8/10/17

10 August 2017 – Anchors in the Storm – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Joshua 1:9 “The Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

I love that phrase: “The Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” I just felt like Tony and I need an anchor that hold us safe in our spiritual life. It is when I just cannot trust my feelings. An anchor of promise is just want I need.  When God called Joshua to lead His people after Moses’ death, He gave him anchors of promise he could rely on in troubled times.

The Lord said, “I will be with you.  I will not leave you nor forsake you. . . . The Lord your God is with you wherever you go” (Josh. 1:5, 9).  God also gave Joshua and His people the “Book of the Law” to study and observe (vv.7-8).  That, and God’s presence, were anchors the Israelites could rely on as they faced many challenges.

I was faced with some feeling of doubts that threaten my faith in God. I didn’t like that feelings and I didn’t know what to do with it until I read the devotion, “Anchors in the Storm.”  Oh, how I love God that cares enough to tell me this: “I will be with you.  I will not leave you nor forsake you” (Joshua 1:5).

Although my faith may feel weak, but today I have anchored in God’s promises and presence, He will safely hold me and Tony. It is like a sailboat dropped an anchor in time of storm. That anchor is so important for sailboat that held the people inside until the storm is over and they could safely navigate the sailboat into an inlet area.  

That thought of an anchor in God’s promises and His presence, had really uplifted me and Tony very much.  That thought stayed with me all day long, an anchor in the Lord. Thought of a song came to me: “I’ve Anchored in Jesus.” Just a chorus.

I’ve anchored in Jesus, the storms of life I’ll brave;
I’ve anchored in Jesus, I fear no wind or wave;
I’ve anchored in Jesus for He hath power of save;
I’ve anchored to the Rock of A – ges.
[Lewis Edgar Jones, Sing His Praise]

Tony is doing well today! His motivation is improving. Keep praying that everything will works out for Tony to come home by August 31st.  Many thanks!  I’ll keep you update. And few more names have been added to Marathon Prayer list are: Dean & Karen Hardy, Dianne Oppriecht, Joyce & Roy Bonnett, Joyce Matos and Richard & Linda Tritt.

Dorothy

No comments: