Monday, December 12, 2016

Faithful unto Death 12/13-15

13-15 December 2016 – Faithful unto Death – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Revelation 2:10 “Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.”

The church at Smyrna—a first century congregation that suffered persecution for Christ—was challenged to be faithful unto death.  Their spiritual commitment had not gone unnoticed by the Master (Rev. 2:9). Jesus was aware of their suffering and what they were going through.

And for more suffering that was to come, Jesus offered this encouragement: “Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer.  Indeed the devil is about to throw some of you in prison, that you may be tested . . . . Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life” (Rev. 2:10).

Our Lord Jesus Christ understands what you are going through. Although there is much suffering in this world, Jesus promises eternal life to His children. In His strength we can be faithful unto death.

Paul said in his suffering, “I know how to live when I am poor, and I know how to live when I have plenty.  I have learned the secret of being happy at any time in everything that happens, when I have enough to eat and when I go hungry, when I have more than I need and when I do not have enough.  I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength” (Phil. 4:12-13 NCV).

Dorothy: Yes, I can do all things through Christ who strengthen me! Yes, I believe God’s Word through Christ who has healed me completely!  Yes, I shall be faithful to Jesus until death.  Yes, Jesus promised me a crown of life for being faithful to Him.  These words came to me spontaneously and it’s my favorite memory song:

“Yes, Lord, we greet Thee, born this happy morning.
Jesus to Thee be all the glory given.
Word of the Father, now in flesh appearing.
O come, let us adore Him, O come, let us adore Him,
O come let us adore Him . . . Christ, the Lord!”
   (Lyrics: Frederick Oakeley, O Come, All Ye Faithful,)

May the Lord bless you today!

Dorothy

No comments: