Monday, March 14, 2016

Our Intercessor 3/15-21

15-21 March 2016 – Our Intercessor – by Dorothy Callies

Song: I Am Praying for You
      By Samuel O’Malley Cluff, Sing His Praise

1. I have a Savior; He’s pleading in glory,
A dear loving Savior tho’ earth-friends be few;
And now He is watching in tenderness o’er me,
And oh, that my Savior were your Savior too.
Chorus:
For you I am praying, For you I am praying,
For you I am praying, I’m praying for you.

2. I have a Father; to me He has given
A hope for eternity, blessed and true;
And soon will He call me to meet Him in heaven,
But oh, that He’d let me bring you with me too.
Chorus:
For you I am praying, For you I am praying,
For you I am praying, I’m praying for you.

3. When Jesus has found you, tell others the story
That my loving Savior is your Savior too;
Then pray that your Savior may bring them to glory,
And pray’r will be answered, ‘twas answered for you!
Chorus:
For you I am praying, For you I am praying,
For you I am praying, I’m praying for you.

Verse for the Song: Hebrews 7:25
“Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them” (KJV).

Christ lives in heaven in His Father’s presence (8:1), interceding for each and every one of His followers according to the Father’s will. It is through Christ’s ministry of intercession, we get to experience God’s great love and presence, and find mercy and grace to help in any kind of need, temptation, weakness, sin, and trial.

Without Jesus’ interceding for us and without His grace, mercy, we would fall away from God. Our only hope is to draw near to God through Christ in faith. There is no other mediator, but Christ only. Jesus is our only intercessor in heaven. We love You, Jesus!

Prayer: Thank You, Heavenly Father, for Jesus who lives forever to “make intercession” continually before You in heaven for all of us. Thank You, Father for allowing us come to You by faith through Jesus Christ who is our High Priest. 

Thank You, Jesus for the chorus that You are praying for us. Thank You, Jesus for the love and grace to help us in time of need, in time of our weakness in our health. By faith, we continue to hold Your promise of healing we sorely need very badly. We continue to trust You. In Jesus’ name we pray, amen!

No comments: