Saturday, December 5, 2015

To You that Overcome (12/5-8)

05-08 December 2015 – To You that Overcome – Poem by Dorothy

Romans 8:37 KJV: Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. NCV: But in all these things we have full victory through God who showed his love for us.

1. To you that overcome I will give to eat the tree of life.
2. To you that overcome I will give thee a crown of life.
3. To you that overcome shall not be hurt of the second death.
4. To you that overcome I will give to eat of the hidden manna.
5. To you that overcome I will give you a white stone with your new name on it.
6. To you that overcome I will give you power to rule over the nations with a rod of iron.
7. To you that overcome I shall give you clothing in white raiment.
8. To you that overcome I will not blot out your name out of the book of life.
9. To you that overcome I will confess your name before My Father & before His angels.
10. To you that overcome I will make your enemies to come and bow before your feet.
11. To you that overcome I will make your enemies to know that I have loved thee.
12. To you that overcome I will make a pillar in the temple of My God.
13. To you that overcome I will write upon you the name of My God.
14. To you that overcome I will write upon you the name of the city of My God.
15. To you that overcome I will write upon you My new name.
16. To you that overcome I will grant you to sit with Me in My throne,
            Even as I also overcome,
17. I am set down with My Father in His throne.
[Poem written from Revelation 2 & 3 by Dorothy Callies in 1980’s]

What is conquer? The dictionary says: 1. get by fighting; win by war: conquer a country. 2. Overcome by force; defeat; get the better of: conquer an enemy, conquer a bad habit. 3. be victorious; be the conqueror.

Reading from Romans 8:31-39 would give the whole picture of what the key verse of Romans 8:37 was about.  (Manna from 2008 revised to Dec. 5-8, 2015)

Dorothy: Reading this, boy! That is a lot of promises Jesus had already made for us who are overcomers. The same God who knows the number of your hairs … care that much to reward you a lot. That should really encourage us to rejoice in all things and be able to overcome things when they are bad. Just review all the rewards that Jesus has promised us would be enough to sing, “It would be worth it all.”
Song: When We See Christ
It will be worth it all when we see Jesus,
Life’s trials will seem so small when we see Christ;
One glimpse of His dear face, all sorrow will erase,
So bravely run the race, till we see Christ.
[Lyrics & Music: Esther Kerr Rusthoi, Sing His Praise]

No comments: