Thursday, December 17, 2015

Memory of Crisis 2008 (12/17-21)

17-21 December 2014 - Memory of Crisis 2008 – Callies’ News

Psalm 34:7-8 “The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them. O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him.”

Memory of Christmas crisis was seven years ago on Dec. 19, 2008. After reading the crisis news, the Lord reminds me of how He is always with Tony and me. I wrote this news in December 22, 2008 for Fresh Manna.

[As for news, we had no power last Friday, Dec. 19th until Dec. 21, 2008 when we came home to check the power on late Sunday morning. We stayed at Double Tree Hotel which is across the lake from our apartment. It was like a special Christmas date on Saturday night when it got too cold to stay in our apartment on the second night with no power.

I had the Fresh Manna ready but no power and something urged me to go to Panera. I remembered they had wireless free so we were there on Saturday morning for breakfast. I was able to transfer from document saved to Fresh Manna. Awesome to me, there was a way to do that when power went out
.]

O taste and see that the Lord is good. You are blessed when you trust in God! Maybe you had some crisis time in the past or recently, but you learn to trust in God in all things that we don’t always understand. When we trust God, notice something? We feel good! That is a feeling of God’s blessing on you when we trust in Him! I am reminded of a . . .

Song, ‘Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus!
‘Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus, Just to take Him at His word.
Just to rest upon His promise, Just to know “Thus saith the Lord.”
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him, How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er.
Jesus, Jesus, Precious Jesus! Oh for grace to trust Him more.

Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus, Just to trust His cleansing blood.
Just in simple faith to plunge me ‘Neath the healing, cleansing flood.
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him, How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er.
Jesus, Jesus, Precious Jesus! Oh for grace to trust Him more.

I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee, Precious Jesus, Savior Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me, Wilt be with me to the end.
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him, How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er.
Jesus, Jesus, Precious Jesus! Oh for grace to trust Him more.
(Lyrics: Louisa M. R. Stead, Sing His Praise)

No comments: