Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Work of Thy Hand (10/21-25)

21-25 October 2015 - Work of Thy Hand – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Isaiah 64:8 KJV, “But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of Thy hand.”

Have you ever went to the ocean to collect sea shells or even sea glass? The sea glass are also known as beach glass. Unfortunately, sometimes people throw glass bottles into the sea and often they are pieces of shattered glass bottles. To begin with, the glass had a purpose, but then it was casually (little use) thrown away and became broken.

If the discarded glass ends up in the ocean, its journey is just beginning. The glass is tossed about by currents and tides, its polished edges are ground down by sand and waves. Eventually, the sharp edges glass are smoothed and rounded. The jewel-like sea colored glass has found new life by collectors who would treasured them.

When I think about the discarded glass going through so much currents and tides, and rubbed down by the sand and waves, I tried to imagine what it is like for us to go through this. Have you ever felt like some people tried to “rub you down into the sand” as if you were worth nothing? Boy, that must have hurt, yet the Scripture tells us that “we all are the work of Thy hand.” Prayer: “O Lord, teach us to trust You.”

I found several references that inspired me even more to realize “the work of God’s hand” into our lives. “Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: though shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me. The Lord will perfect (mature) that which concerns me: thy mercy, O Lord endureth forever: forsake not the works of thine own hands” (Psalm 138:7-8 KJV).

Even though we don’t always understand God’s way or thoughts, but we can know this: our broken lives can be renewed when we allow ourselves to be touched by God’s love and grace. Then we can quote this scripture by faith: “For thou, Lord, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands. O Lord, how great are thy works and thy thoughts are very deep” (Ps. 92:4-5 KJV).

I found the song that is something new and inspiring, but it’s almost like a poem.

Song: Make My Life to Be
Make my life to be like a melody (song)
Ever telling forth the message of the cross.
Make my life to be like a symphony (harmony)
Ever telling of the years of gain or loss.
With Jesus in my heart, no discord can arise (there’s peace)
He can make the saddest heart to harmonize; (to be comforted)
Make my life to be like a melody (song)
Every telling for the message of the cross.
(Inspiring Choruses)

No comments: