Wednesday, October 14, 2015

A Contrite Spirit (10/11-15)

11-15 October 2015 - A Contrite Spirit – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Isaiah 66:2 KJV, “. . . but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at My word.”

The word, contrite means a feeling or showing sorrow and remorse (deep regret) for a wrong that one has done; to feel or express grieve. To tremble means to have strong fear. In another word, to have a strong respect to His Word. A person who really believe very strongly with God’s Word and show great respect to God’s Word. The word, poor here means a person who has nothing. [The next Manna will expand this subject.]

“The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? And where is the place of my rest? For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord”. . . (Is.66:1-2a). God’s Temple was already there and the people just loved beautiful designed Tabernacle. Yet why was God not impressed with all the fancy building that was constructed for Him?

According to Isaiah 66:3 God had spoken that He was not satisfied with the way they had offered to Him. Why? He said, “. . . he that burneth incense (at the Golden Altar), as if he blessed an idol …” Oh, stop right there, an idol? They were not satisfied to worship God only, they wanted other idols to worship, too. They had no respect for His Word. God said, “Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations” (Is.66:3c). God was not happy so what was God really looking for?

God said, “To this man will I look.” God is looking for a certain kind of person whose hearts are a contrite in spirit. Jesus said, “. . . He hath sent Me to heal the brokenhearted . . .” (Luke 4:18). A contrite spirit could lead to having a broken heart. Are you brokenhearted? His arms are wide open. Jesus is the healer of broken hearts. Let us pray.

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, if You are looking for someone whose heart is a contrite spirit, here I am. I bring my brokenhearted before You. I bow down before You. Only You can fix my shattered dreams. Only You can work on my broken life and weave them together again. Jesus, You will always be my friend. You are the healer of broken hearts. I trust You to bring peace and joy in my soul. I pray for my friends who are going through their time of brokenhearted. I pray that You will heal their wounded hearts. I thank You for Calvary that brings healing to their hearts. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen!

Song Healer of Broken Hearts
He’s the healer of broken hearts,
He’ll mend your shattered dreams;
He’ll pick up the threads of your broken life
And weave them together again.
To your soul He’ll bring peace and joy,
A friend in need He’ll be;
The healer of broken hearts is Jesus of Galilee.
(Georgia Stiffler, Country Western Gospel Favorites) 

No comments: