Thursday, October 8, 2015

Broken But Beautiful (10/6-10)

06-10 October 2015 - Broken But Beautiful – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Jeremiah 18:4 KJV, “And the vessel … was marred … so He made it again …”

Reading from NLT Jeremiah 18:1-4, “The Lord gave another message to Jeremiah. He said, “Go down to the shop (potter’s house) where clay pots and jars are made. I will speak to you while you are there. 3) So I did as He told me and found the potter working at his wheel. 4) “But the jar he (the potter) was making did not turn out as he had hoped, so the potter squashed the jar into a lump of clay and started again. 

Have you ever wondered if your life were different than what you had today, would it be better? So your life had been broken, marred, or damaged by others that cause it? What would God do when your life was marred, ruin and not perfect. You are compare like a vessel or a vase or a jar and God would have to squash your life and your character. To squash means to press or crush and squeeze the clay together and start over anew. God would make you a new person like a new vessel into the likeness of Christ. God’s plan is to make you to become like Him. And . . .

God can only work with broken things. From the broken heart, blessing flows out even much greater than you ever dream of. Out of a broken heart, you can be sure that God will comfort you. “The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise” (Psalm 51:17). “I will dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones” (Isaiah 57:15).

Out of a lump of clay, He can make something beautiful of your life. The only thing to do is to trust Him today . . . and sing this song . . . And God bless you . . .

Song: Something Beautiful
Chorus:
SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL, something good –
All my confusion—He understood;
All I had to offer him was brokenness and strife,
But He made SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL of my life,

If there ever were dreams that were lofty and noble,
They were my dreams at the start;
And the hope that I harbored down deep in my heart;
But my dreams turned to ashes,
My castles all crumbled, my fortune turned to loss,
So I wrapped it all in the rags of my life,
and laid it at the cross.
(Gloria and William J. Gaither, Country
Western Gospel Favorites)

No comments: