Sunday, September 6, 2015

Thanks for Victory (9/7-9)

07-09 Sept. 2015 – Thanks for Victory in Christ – Manna by Dorothy Callies

1 Corinthians 15:57 “But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”

You know, it takes a lot of faith on God to keep on thanking Him for victory over many things. It is easy to live in a thankless world and we can find many reasons to complain. Even in the worst of times, reading different stories of what others went through often touch my heart to realize that my problem were small compare to what others went through. Here is one story that I want to share something that I have never thought of.

A story of Corrie Ten Boom who wrote in her autobiography about herself and her sister Betsie. Both of the sisters went through horrible time in a Nazi concentration camp in 1940’s. On one special time when they came to the line for inspection, Corrie and Betsie were forced to take off their clothes. Corrie stood in line feeling defiled and forsaken.

Then suddenly, she remembered that Jesus was on the cross, naked. That thought brought a strong impression on Corrie with wonder and worship, so Corrie whispered to her sister, “Betsie, they took off His clothes, too.” Betsie gasped and said, “Oh, Corrie, … and I never thanked Him.” [Some revised from RBC, Daily Bread]

That touched my heart to realize that Christ had been naked on the cross. Yes, many pictures and movies often shows that covering of the private part was because of our culture. This may be the reason why we don’t realized that in reality, anyone on the cross during the Roman’s time, they stripped the person completely naked . . .

Corrie and Betsie thanked God for their being naked during inspection time and Holy Spirit gave them victory to overcome their shame when they thought of Christ being naked, too. Doesn’t that make you realized that your problems compare to this . . . ohhh, what could I say? “But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ” (1Cor. 15:57). Here’s a song of thanking the Father for Jesus.

Song: There Is a Redeemer
Thank You, oh, my Father, for giving us Your Son,
And leaving Your Spirit ‘til the work on earth is done.

There is a Redeemer, Jesus, God’s own Son;
Precious Lamb of God, Messiah, Holy One.
Chorus:
Thank You, oh, my Father, for giving us Your Son,
And leaving Your Spirit ‘til the work on earth is done.

When I stand in glory, I will see His face;
There I’ll serve my King forever in that holy place.
Chorus:
Thank You, oh, my Father, for giving us Your Son,
And leaving Your Spirit ‘til the work on earth is done.
(Melody Green, Sing His Praise)

No comments: