Friday, September 18, 2015

Be Ye Thankful (9/21-23)

21-23 Sept 2015 - Be Ye Thankful – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Colossians 3:15 “And let the peace of God rule your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.”

NLT: “And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body, you are all called to live in peace. And always be thankful.”

The list are from the songs “Thanks to God” might be helpful to find words when we pray and we can be thankful to God for:

Thanks for prayers answered
Thanks for prayers deny
Thanks for storms
Thanks for supply
Thanks for pain
Thanks for pleasure
Thanks for comfort
Thanks for grace
Thanks for love
Thanks for roses
Thanks for thorns
Thanks for home
Thanks for fireside,
Thanks for hope
Thanks for joy
Thanks for sorrow
Thanks for tears
Thanks for peace  
And many more thanks to God for.

When we are thankful, it opens the door inside our hearts and God dwells in the hearts of thanksgiving. Paul’s letters has many verses that he was always thankful for. I chose two for examples: “I thank my God, making mention of you always in my prayers” (Phil.1:4). “I thank my God always …. that you are enriched by Him …” (1 Cor. 1:4).

Inspiration Song:
Thank you, Lord for amazing grace!
Thank you, Lord for your lovely face!
Thank you, Lord for your heart of love.
Thank you, Lord for the Spirit above.

Thank you, Lord for everything.
Thank you, Lord for the love you bring.
Thank you, Lord for my eyes to see.
Thank you, Lord for loving me.
(Written by Rev. Dorothy Callies)

No comments: