Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Enter His Gates (9/1-3)

01-03 Sept 2015 - Enter His Gates with Praise – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Psalm 100:2, 4 “Serve the Lord with gladness: come before His presence with singing. 4) Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise: be thankful unto Him, and bless His name.”

Why is it important to serve the Lord with gladness? The answer: “Know ye that the Lord He is God: it is He that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture” Psalm 100:3. “For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting; and His truth endureth to all generations” Psalm 100:5.  

After I read verse four, I want to know those two meaning of the words, gates and court. I try to visualize what it looks like so I look it up. To my surprise, it is something I never thought of how to explain it clearly. I choose to keep it simple and remember easily. It bless me even more when I come to know the Scripture so here goes.

The word, gate means door, a barrier by which an entry is closed and opened. The word, court means an open space completely or partly surrounded by building. During the time of King Solomon, the Temple at Jerusalem had courts and gates which the people could enter in and out.  The Ark in the Most Holy Place was where God’s mercy seat was and the people came to serve the Lord with gladness.

Ps. 100:1, “Make a joyful noise ‘unto the Lord,’ all ye lands.” Individual and congregational singing should be done primarily “unto the Lord,” with joy and out of a conscious awareness of His presence. In song we remember that He created us and redeemed us, and that we are now His people and He is our shepherd. We sing of His love, faithfulness, and truth that will endure forever. [Commentary, The Full Life Study Bible]

Song: I Will Enter His Gate
I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart.
I will enter His courts with praise.
I will say this is the Day that the Lord has made,
I will rejoice for He has made me glad,
He has made me glad, He has made me glad,
I will rejoice, for He has made me glad,
He has made me glad, He has made me glad,
I will rejoice, for He has made me glad.
(Inspiring Song Collections List)

Dorothy: I woke up with this song in my heart this early morning so I put it into Manna and found the verses that comes with it and here’s a Manna. It is a new month to begin with a song of praise. So Happy September first!

No comments: