Thursday, December 19, 2013

Produce the Fruit

December 19, 2013 - Produce the Fruit – Manna by Dorothy Callies

John 15:8 “When you bear (produce) much fruit, My Father is honored and glorified, and you show and prove yourselves to be true followers of Mine” (AMP).

So the question, how do we get to produce the fruit? Jesus gave the answers that are found in John 15:1-16. This time I used The Amplified Bible for reading. I choose a few: (1) Dwell in Me, and I will dwell in you. (2) My words live in your hearts, ask the Father for your needs. (3) The Father loved me so I loved you the same way. (4) Continue in My love. (5) Keep My commandments [continue to obey My instructions].  (6) Love one another the same way I loved you. (7) The Comforter will help you to grow fruit and also testify of Me (Jn.15:26).

Jesus said, “You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you and I have appointed you [I have planted], that you might go and bear fruit and keep on bearing, and that your fruit may be lasting [that it may remain, abide], so that whatever you ask the Father in My Name [as presenting all that I AM], He may give it to you” (Jn. 15:16 AMP).

John 15:16 is the promise verse that I want to hold on to and also John 15:7. Jesus said, “If you live in Me [abide vitally united to Me] and My words remain in you and continue to live in your hearts, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you” (Jn. 15:7 AMP).

So our goal is to continue in His promise of healing for our bodies. I read John 15:10 that impressed me. “If you keep My commandments [if you continue to obey My instructions], you will abide in My love and live on in it, just as I have obeyed My Father’s commandments and live on in His love” (AMP).

May the Holy Spirit, our Comforter, our Counselor, our Helper, our Advocator, our Intercessor, our Strengthener, and our Standby comes to strengthen us to keep our faith in the words of Jesus Christ our Lord and to keep the trust in God. I want to thank You for reminding us through reading Your word about the vine and the branches. Thank You for the wonderful fruit that we are able to honor You, Father in Jesus’ name we pray. Amen!

Song: Every Promise in the Book

Every promise in the book is mine,
Every chapter, every verse, every line;
I am trusting in His love divine,
Every promise in the book is mine.

Mine, mine, mine, Jesus is mine,
Mine when I’m weary, mine when I’m dreary;
Mine, mine, mine, Jesus is mine,
Mine all the time, yes, He’s mine.
(Inspiring Choruses)

No comments: