Friday, December 6, 2013

Good to Wait Quietly

December 6, 2013 - Good to Wait Quietly – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Lamentations 3:26 “It is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord” (NIV).

It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord (La.3:26 kjv). But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works (Ps. 73:28 kjv).

In the Old Testament, salvation means that God would save them from the danger or evil. Moses said unto the people, “Fear ye not, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, which He will show you today” (Ex.14:13a). The Israelite saw the Egyptian soldiers who were chasing them. Moses said, “The Lord shall fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.”

We have seen a movie of Moses and it was always amazing to watch how God divided the Red Sea and the water became walls on both sides. I tried to imagine if the Israelite had taken a short cut to Philistines route, we would have never read the story of the Red Sea being divided. The Pharaoh and the Egyptian soldiers would capture them and bring them back to Egypt. God knew this. He had a plan. He had led them to the mountains where the Israelite were trapped.

The Red Sea opened up and became walls for the Israelite to walk through until they reached the top of the mountain. The Egyptian soldiers chased them through the Red Sea and God had commanded the walls of the waters be loosed and it covered all the soldiers and they drowned. So the enemies would no longer chase them. The Israelite were free to travel with God’s presence.

This story gives me a confidence that I am not to worry, but to ‘stand still and see the salvation of the Lord.” So I am sharing this with you that we are not to fear, but to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. Thank You, Lord for giving us the strength to wait quietly for Your work in us, in Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Song: In the Quiet of the Morning

In the quiet of the morning,
I will worship Your name.
I will lift my voice with singing
to praise You again.
For it fills my heart with gladness
that remains through the day,
In the quiet of the morning,
I will worship Your name.
(Author unknown)

No comments: