Thursday, December 5, 2013

My Portion

December 5, 2013 - My Portion – Manna by Dorothy Callies

Lamentations 3:24 “I say to myself, ‘The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him’” (NIV).

When we say, “The Lord is my portion,” we are saying that the Lord is my share. He is part of my life. Without Him I am nothing. Therefore I will wait for Him to do the work that needs to be done.

Jeremiah, the weeping prophet, wrote the book of Lamentations. He witnessed the destruction of Jerusalem and he wept over it. Jeremiah wrote his grief over the people who have not been faithful to God.

Yet Jeremiah set his hope in God and said, “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.” The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord” (NIV Lamentations 3:22-26).

There is a time of grief when we read or see or hear the news of tragedy that many are going through. Our hearts could sense the grief that others are going through. Our hearts could sense the heaviness of sufferings, yet the Lord is our portion, He feels the grief, He feels the sufferings, therefore we wait for the Lord to provide help.

Again, I say, “It is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.” To wait means to stay in place until someone comes or until something happens. We are to wait for the Lord until something happens. That is what our faith in God does.

So let us trust the Lord today!

 Song: Faith in God
Faith in God can move a mighty mountain,
Faith in God can calm the trouble sea;
Faith can make the desert like a fountain,
Faith will bring the victory.
(Inspiring Choruses) 

No comments: