Thursday, June 13, 2013

Access into the Grace of God

Romans 5:2 “By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand …”

Let us be reminded that the background of justification is by faith. The second result of justification is an access into the grace, the favor and the presence of God. It is good to remember what grace is. Grace means a gift or a favor, an unmerited and undeserved gift or favor. We cannot earn grace by our work. We do not deserve any gift or favor from God.

In this verse grace is looked upon as a place or a position. Grace is a place to which we are brought, a position into which we are placed. It is the place of God’s presence, the position of salvation. This is what an access is all about.

It is through Christ we have access to this grace. The word, access means to bring to, to move to, to introduce, and to present. The thought is that of being in a royal court and being presented and introduced to the King of kings. Jesus Christ is the One who throws open the door into God’s presence. He is the One who presents us to God, the Sovereign Majesty of the universe.

One thing to take note of is “stand.” We are not bowed down, intimidated, stricken with fear, and humiliated. Christ has justified us, remove our guilt and shame, and given us great confidence before God. Therefore, we take a stand of honor and dignity before Him, standing in the perfect righteousness of the Lord Jesus. [Notes from The Preacher’s Outline and Sermon Bible]

I learn something when I studied and I want to share this with you. Even though it may seem deep, but I pray that the Holy Spirit opens our understanding of this marvelous grace of Jesus that we have an access into God’s presence. It is amazing grace!

 Song:  Amazing Grace
1. Amazing grace! How sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.
2. ‘Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed!
3. Thro’ many dangers, toils, and snares,
I have already come;
‘Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.
[Lyrics: John Newton; John P. Rees]

May the Lord bless give you marvelous grace today!

No comments: