Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Sing O Daughter of Zion

Zechariah 2:10 “Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the Lord.”

“For I, saith the Lord, will be unto her (Jerusalem) a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her” [Zech.2:5].

In the millennial kingdom, the city will not need walls, for the Lord Himself will be a wall of fire around it (Is.4:5). Even more important, God’s glory in the midst of the people will make the whole city a temple filled with His presence (Ezek.43:1-7). Even now, the presence and glory of God in the midst of His people is something the church [the born again believers] must desire and seek above all else. [Note from The Full Life Study Bible, Donald C. Stamps]

“Many nations shall be joined to the Lord in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto thee. And the Lord shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again” [Zech.2:11:12].

“That day” refers to the time when Jesus Christ will reign on earth. Then Zion, the godly remnant of Israel, along with the Gentiles, will all be God’s people. They will have blessing of God’s presence in the midst as well as the blessings of God’s choice of Jerusalem as His holy city. [Note from The Full Life Study Bible, Donald C. Stamps]

Prayer Card: O Lord God of heaven, I want to begin this day You have given to me in worship and dependence on You. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen!

Song: It Is  Glory Just To Walk with Him
It is glory just to walk with Him,
It is glory just to walk with Him;
He will guide my steps aright,
Thro’ the vale and o’er the height;
It is glory just to walk with Him.
[Avis M. Burgeson, Sing His Praise]

May the Lord bless you today! 

No comments: