Saturday, September 8, 2012

News About Fast

September 8-10, 2012

Isaiah 58:6 Is this not the fast that I have chosen? To loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

What led me into this subject, fast? Tony and I had been sick together all week and I thought it was strange because that never happened to both of us getting sick at the same time (Tony on Sunday and me on Monday). (We learned that we weren't the only ones that got sick the same week.) We couldn't eat anything and we drank lots of waters, 7-Up, and juices. We slept a lot, rest a lot and slowly our strength increased. We finally had our first good meal Friday noon, fresh zucchini with onions, and shared a fillet steak (sliced), bought at the store same day.

I had some thinking to do, making requests to the Lord if our being sick and fast together for almost five days serve a purpose? I questioned who were our fasting for? At the same time Deaf Ministry Worldwide shared the news that John Gehm along with five people Deaf Ministry Outreach group were flying out to Burkina Faso, Africa, Sept. 6-18. The team will be reaching out to the Deaf Community.

You know few weeks ago, I had talked to the Lord, "I know there's a reason for Your delay in Your coming. You are not willing that any men should perish before their time (2 Pet.3:9) and that You are waiting for more souls to repent and to accept You. I was wondering if You are working on some Deaf people to turn to You in another part of the world? I prayed that they would be opened to You and accepted You as their Savior. I trust that You are doing Your work even though I don't always know where they are. I just pray that Holy Spirit would be working into their hearts to turn to You before You are coming soon. Help us to do the job of "outreach prayers through the power of the Holy Spirit" that needs to be done in Jesus' name. Amen"

Now I believe, everything serve a purpose on how the Lord leads us to pray for them. These two weeks, the Ministry Team: John Gehm, Robyn Brown, Julie Reis, Margi Morgan, Araya Williams, & Susan White, will be going to Deaf School and Deaf Community every morning and attending two churches. What the Ministry Team will do is to share in drama mostly in using gestures and mime since ASL is different than SL used in Burkina Faso. Now the question was, why? Gary Barrett, DMW, shared a little about the Deaf Community that were labeled as "deaf and dumb"; uneducated; often oppressed/hidden; no chance to hear about the love of Jesus, etc. So the Ministry Team are there to do what? ". . . To loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?" (Isaiah 58:6b)

What does this means to me? God cares! He showed me where our prayers go to! Ponder on Isaiah 58:6! Our fasting and our prayers break every yoke upon the Deaf Community and Deaf School and be able to show God's love for them and opened many doors for the Deaf to be able to do things that are impossible for them to do. Thank You Lord for answering our daily prayers for them.

So let's trust God for His wonderful work at Deaf School & Community at Burkina Faso, Africa!

Dorothy

No comments: