Thursday, September 8, 2011

Oh Yes! You Have a Purpose!

The guest is Karen Batts of Illinois sharing her personal testimony.

I was just at Camp Manitoumi in a very tiny town. That old saying, "If you blink your eyes, you missed the town!" That how small this tiny town was, but had a wonderful camp site. A Good size of Deaf came to this retreat, I saw many of my old friends who had 'wealth' with knowledge of God and have such deep love for God. They were a group of them.

A verse came to me while I was there. I was hit with sickness and tiredness that I had to laid down. I had to rest for a bit then I would come out later and chat with many of my old friends. They left and later I woke up. Then I completely understood. With our old body hit with arthritic and our body easily tired out and still this same verse urges me to remember!

In Revelation 1: 9 b "I, John, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ."

Imagine the despair John might have wrestled with. Patmos was an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people, unfamiliar food, and unfamiliar accommodations. (Just like we old folks, in this camp, with odd tasting food and water, with ground bit rough to walk on, and a distant to get to one place to another. With some people whom you might not have seen before or have forgotten who they are. Feeling out of place, not belonging in this camp group or ground.)

So John might have been feeling this, "is this the end?" "Can God still use me?" and so on. Oh Wait! Even on Patmos, in the midst of being isolated, alone, and aging, John found purpose and meaning. There!!!!! God gave John the REVELATION! All John had to do was to open up his heart, listen, and write. Satan did everything to 'shut up' John and thought it was a brilliant ideal to throw John in this island of Patmos! HA HA HA Satan could not shut John mouth or his hands! All John did was "Saw, Listen, Wrote it down" the most valuable book in all our books in the Bible. It gives us victoriously means what is to be expected in our last days. And it gets us outfitted and groomed for an eternity of life. Also it gives us to take courage of our "boiling oil of today's tribulation" can be "the anointing oil for tomorrow's triumph!"

So! Old Folks! Take COURAGE! Speak! Sign out your wisdom! Whatever your Patmos, instead of fighting it, EMBRACE it. In life's worst, there is still worth! In the midst of life's desolation's, GOD still sends His REVELATIONS.

Take COURAGE!

Karen Batts

No comments: