Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Let's Not Be Weary

Galatians 6:9 "... Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."

Two things I would like to share with you.
First thing, what kind of work should we continue to be doing? The answer is found in Galatians 6:10 NIRV: So when we can do good to everyone, let us do it. Let us make a special point of doing good to those who belong to the family of believers.

One of the jobs to do is to "speak kind words toward others" and that is "sorely" (greatly) needed among the Christian brothers and sisters in the Lord.

And the second thing and listen to this: "Some people plant to please their sinful nature. From that nature they will harvest death. Others plant to please the Holy Spirit. From the Spirit they will harvest eternal life. Let us not become tired of doing good. At the right time we will gather a crop if we don't give up" (NIRV Gal.6:8-9).

To me this is the word of encouragement because it reminds me that studying God's Scripture, ponder them and share them with you from the Spirit, I will harvest eternal life. And you who listen to God's Word and do them, will also harvest eternal life. Because if I do what my flesh want, it will lead me to feeling "dead in spirit."

I confess that sometimes, I became weary and tired. Blessed Holy Spirit who brought that verse of Galatians 6:9 to me: Let us not become weary ... Ohhh sweet Holy Spirit! Kind words of encouragement! Thank you, Holy Spirit for deliver me from temptation of "lazy flesh." If you have that temptation, quote Lord's Prayer. It helps!

So today, let's say kind words of encouragement to others and the Lord will bless you!

Dorothy

No comments: