Saturday, January 9, 2010

Weapons of our Warfare 2

“And every proud thing that raises itself against the knowledge of God. We capture every thought and make it give up and obey Christ.” 2 Corinthians 10:5 NCV

King James Bible quoted: “Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.” 2 Cor. 10:5

Our warfare is against spiritual forces of wickedness so what are the worldly weapons we should be aware of? Our mind is a battleground. All kinds of things come to our thoughts. What should we really do then? God’s Word from 2 Cor. 10:5 tells us to put down any imaginations in the thought that goes against God’s Words. If we want to capture every thought into captivity to Christ, begin with the Word of God that will show us the way of life.

One afternoon I watched a TBN program. There was one famous preacher that I didn’t like. One Saturday early morning I woke up alert around 2:30 am and felt an urge to turn on TBN which I normally do not watch TV in an early morning. I tune in the program and the director introduced the same famous person that I didn’t like. During the interview, the director was asking him several questions briefly about his life. What makes him so special that people could feel God’s Presence in this man. Through the interview, I got to know him better and I was shocked to learn where he came from and how he identified himself.

It was then I realized that the Holy Spirit had wanted to help me with my wrong ‘imagination’ about this man. Holy Spirit got me to watch the TBN and He was able to correct me. I realized I hurt God by wrongly judging this man I didn’t even know who he was. I felt ashamed and I asked God for forgiveness. He helped me put my wrong thought into captivity of dislike into obedience of Christ and God encouraged me to bless this man instead of judging him. My friend, ‘watch what you are thinking.’