Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bread Box, What?

If you ever wonder what is a Bread Box? The tiny box looks like a tiny bread which has 3" length and 2" height (which hold the verse cards 3" higher). This Bread Box holds about 120 colored card and both side total of 240 verses. You could buy it at The Christian Bookstore.

This is my second purchase since I was a teenager in 1960's. The first one broke from an old Ceramic Box. The 2nd one is a plastic box and it has the same shape and colors. Amazing since 50 years ago and the Bread Box is still popular enough to keep it going!

Since June 2007, we moved to Bloomington, Illinois, the Bread Box is now put on my dresser in my second private bathroom (used to be on the kitchen table). I would take one or more verses at a time to fill my mind with God's Word at the beginning of the day.

Know why I do this? First thing in the morning, my mind has a choice. It is open to whoever gets me first: Satan's favorite "to do lists" OR Christ's Word, "The Bread" to feed my soul. It only takes a few seconds. I would lay it on the side to read repeatedly as I brush my teeth, take a shower and get myself ready at the same time this tiny card verse gets my soul ready for the day.

The dictionary define the Bread Box mean a container that keeps the bread fresh. So it makes sense to me to take a card verse from "Our Daily Bread" Promise Box and keep my mind, my heart, my soul and my inner spirit fresh when I come to Jesus as my daily Bread of Life. Like Jesus said, "If you keep coming to Him, you will never be hungry." John 6:35c

How about you? Have you come to Jesus this early wee morning? Even just to greet Him? It is an awesome sense of inner joy, inner peace and mind filled with His Word. It means a lot to me. Putting my thought on the card verse is the secret to avoid being moody. (Even includes study of the Bible, devotions, etc. at different times).

God bless you,

Dorothy