Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Pickles

Psalm 51:7 KJV
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
wash me, and I shall be whither than snow.

PICKLES AND TAKING TIME TO TRANSFORM.

My Child,

It takes a long time to make a cucumber into
a pickle. You can’t just zap it in the microwave.
It takes boiling, spices, soaking, pressure, and,
most importantly, time. When it is done, you can
no longer call it a cucumber. It is now a pickle.

I am bringing you from darkness into light. I am
changing you from your old man into my new man.
Don’t expect a quick fix. The transformation
ingredients are already provided, but you have to
go through the transformation process. First, it
takes boiling you down until you are humble and
ready to receive. Then you soak in the presence
of my Holy Spirit and the seasoning of my Word.
It also takes some character-refining pressure
and tribulation. And none of this is accomplished
overnight.

You are saved in the blink of an eye, but you are
transformed over time. Be willing to give me the
time to carry out the process of your transformation.
I am changing you into who I want you to be
(and it’s so much more than a pickle!).

Your Transformer,
God

[E-mail from God for Men
Andy Cloninger]