Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Life was the Light of Men

John 1:4, 5a, 9a, 12.
“In Him was Life; and the Life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness… That was the true Light, which lighteth every man… As many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name.”

The light of Christ shines in an evil and sinful world, controlled by Satan. The Light exposed the work of Satan who has blinded their eyes to the truth and the glory of the gospel that they might be saved. It is through intercession that bind the hands of Satan who has blinded the minds of them who do not see the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God. It is Christ who lighten every person when they hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ and His glorious truth opened the eyes of the blind. It is through the intercession of His people that bind Satan’s activity and be able to preach the gospel in the power of the Holy Spirit so that the people may hear, understand and choose to believe and accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. [Reference: 2Cor. 4:4]

Prayer:
“In the Name of Jesus Christ, I break the power of the devil over my __________ (name of person)’s life, and I claim his/her deliverance. I claimed his/her deliverance from that blindness, that bondage of Satan. And I claim his/her full salvation in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.”

Pray this prayer daily until you see your friends, your family, or anyone you know needs their eyes to be open to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Song Collection: Christ For Me
Christ for me, yes, it’s Christ for me;
He’s my Savior, my Lord and King:
I’m so happy I shout and sing.
Christ for me, yes, it’s Christ for me;
Every day as I go my way it is Christ – for – me.