Tuesday, May 12, 2009

He’s Everything to Me

Revelation 22:13 NCV: I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. [Note: Alpha and the Omega The first and last letters of the Greek alphabet. This means “the beginning and the end.”]

Dorothy: In our English we say, ‘A to Z’ so Jesus would say in our English Language: “I am the A and the Z, the First and the Last, Beginning and the End. I am Everything.” This song touched my heart to keep singing from the hymn book. May the Lord touch your heart in Jesus’ name, amen!

Song: He’s Everything to Me
1. In sin I once had wandered all weary, sad, and lone,
Till Jesus thro’ His mercy adopted me His own;
E’er since I learned to trust Him, His grace doth make me free;
And now I feel His pardon; He’s every-thing to me.
Chorus:
He’s everything to me; From sin He sets me free;
His peace and love my portion thro’ all eternity!
He’s everything to me, More than my dreams could be;
O praise His name forever; He’s every-thing to me.

2. In sin no more I’ll wander; He’s Pilot, Friend and Guide;
He brings me joy and singing; His Spirit doth abide;
A blessed, loving Savior, the Lamb of Calvary;
He purchased my redemption; He’s every-thing to me.

3. No longer will I stray from His tender, loving care,
Like Him to be my purpose, my aim, my constant prayer;
And when He bids me welcome thro’ – out eternity,
I’ll praise His name forever; He’s every-thing to me.
[Lyrics and Music: Hampton H. Swell]