Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Talk to Me 2/15-21/21

15-21 February 2021 - Manna by Dorothy and Tony Callies

Theme: God, Talk to me.

Do you ever felt like that you just want God to talk to you? I did! Yesterday, on Monday the 15th and also today the 16th. I believe God read my heart and somehow it surprised me how He really share His Word with me.

I read devotion: The Power of Patience. I thought, “What?” The fruit of the Spirit is . . . longsuffering.—Galatians 5:22. “Gee! Lord, what else is new?” Oh boy, so I read on. Here’s what impressed me, but not inspired yet.

I will summarize part of devotion. Sometimes people are in a hurry or rush things. They need to hurry like driving through the traffic, go to the store and hurry to get items, or hurry to get to the appointment on time. Hurry to do this and that. Being forced to wait sometimes causes stress and impatient (lose patience or no patience).

Here’s statement quote from Joe Stowell: “When that happens, we not only fail to be patient but we undercut the Spirit’s work in our lives. Patience is not just a virtue, it’s a fruit of the Sprit (Gal. 5:22)—which means that demonstrations of impatience reveal (show) the sour fruit of our fallen hearts rather than the sweetness of Jesus in our lives. Since God is a patient God, when we abandon patience we miss the opportunity to show our world the glory of God through our lives.” [Dot: You would have to digest this thought.]

Summarize devotion: Losing patience shows that we are more concern about our own plans rather that the needs and struggles of others. When we are not patience, it would “sour our fruit.” [Dot: Imagine that!]  When we are impatience, we miss the chance to let the Holy Spirit work on our fruit of the Spirit—longsuffering and allow God’s glory through our lives. [Dot: Whoa!] 

As Joe Stowell quotes “So let’s all take a deep breath and turn our focus (attention) away from ourselves and by patiently loving others instead of ourselves in the midst of stress. Patience gives us the privilege of sharing the refreshing fruit of God with others.” [End]

Dorothy: To me that wasn’t much inspiring devotion so I questioned God … “power of patience, huh?” As I pondered for God to show me.  Then flash back came to me: Jesus, being whipped with blood flowing His back … “Jesus had power of patience to endure the whipping just for you.” Ohhh … “Jesus took the cross and walked and carried it until a man carried for Him all the way to the hill of Golgotha. Jesus had the power of patience just for you.”  

 When the soldiers nailed his hands and feet, “Jesus had the power of patience to endure the pains, just for you.” Ohhh … “Jesus hung the cross for six hours and the power of patience gave Him time to complete the work of Calvary, just for you.” Ohhh … that hurts! Then God spoke, “You need the power of patience to allow Me to work on your life with daily routine.”

Prayer: Thank You, Father for showing me the value of “power of patience” through Jesus’ examples. It is new to me and thank you for loving me and others. You want others to know this and understand your work of “power of patience” in Jesus’ name!

Dorothy

No comments: