Sunday, February 21, 2021

Patience of Jesus Christ 2/22-28/21

22-28 February 2021 – Manna by Dorothy & Tony Callies

Theme: The Patience of Jesus Christ

Dorothy: I took the time to meditate about the patience, the power of patience of how Jesus dealt with it. So I went through the details … to envision how Jesus dealt with the pain of whipping on His body one by one. One verse quote, “the fellowship of His suffering.” Paul, the Apostle of Jesus meant that we ought to know about His suffering as in power of patience.  Paul wrote “That I may know Him . . . the fellowship of His sufferings . . .” (Philippians 3:10). Paul mentioned that “we must go through much tribulation to enter into heaven” (Acts 14:22).

 John also wrote in Rev. 1:9 “I, John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ …”

 The Patience of Jesus Christ: I typed the details of Jesus’ being whipped on His body. I thought of His first whip and what that felt like to begin with. The whip steel had edges of the whip that would stuck to his skin and then pulled the whip that ripped or peeled His skins. Could Jesus have cried out to angels to come and deliver Him from more whip to come? Jesus didn’t. It took the power of the Holy Spirit to give Him the strength to endure each whip that really ripped his skin. Jesus was led by the Spirit … (Matt. 4:1).

2nd whip really hurt. 3rd whip hurt deeply. 4th whip were agony. 5th whip … what was Jesus thinking about? Us. He knew we need healing. Jesus took the 6th whip, 7th whip, 8th whip, 9th whip, 10th whip. Oh, this was too much. Wasn’t that enough? No, it went on to 11th whip. Call the angels? No, He thought of us. 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th whips.

Others watch in horror, how much more could Jesus take? He wants the healings for us. 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th whips. I cannot imagine how He dealt with it such severe pains. Yet Holy Spirit gave Jesus the power of patience to endure the 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th whips. Oh my body would scream in pain, “That’s enough,” but Jesus didn’t stop it. 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, oh a long way to ten more whips.  [Tony looked at me and said, “God, His Father was with Jesus!” I was impressed and pondered about how God being with His Son, Jesus through His agony.]

How could Jesus endure it? He thought of us and set His goal to complete the works of healing. 30th, 31st, 32nd, 33rd, 34th, 35th, Jesus becoming so weak with so much blood all over his body and all over the concrete floor. It’s horrific picture! 36th, 37th, 38th whips. Jesus really suffered horrible pain so severe that was beyond our understanding how much He took the pains just for us. His secret? Isaiah prophesied that Jesus would “set His face like a flint (hard decision to face it)” and He was not ashamed” (Isaiah 50:7).  

Isaiah 53:10 mentioned that it “pleased the Lord” God, the Father who had seen Jesus being “bruised” for just one more whip on 39th.  Why did it pleased God? Because that complete the work of Salvation that came with healing… “By His stripes, we were healed.” That took 39th whips in numbers to complete the agony of terrible pains that Jesus endured. 39 whips!  Psalm 129:3 prophesied that Jesus’ back was like a plow. “The plowers plowed upon My back: they made long their furrows.” O.T. prophesied and N.T. fulfilled! Oh the wonders that Jesus knew this and said it through King David of O.T.

Dorothy:  Why did God encouraged me to write this Manna?  Many of us are sufferings and we questioned God … does He cares? God wants me to tell you that “God loves you and that God does care.” Now God is aware of our present suffering and He mentioned you and me in Revelation. “Here is the patience of the saints … through the faith of Jesus” (Rev. 14:12). God called us “the patience of the saints.” God knows what you’re going through. Here what Paul encouraged us, “That I may know Him … the fellowship of His sufferings … and be like Him” (Phil, 3:10). Though our sufferings are small compared to Christ’s severe suffering, our sufferings helped us to get the little taste of what His suffering was like. To become Christ’s bride, you would become closer to Him and love Him even more and to be like Him in the patience of sufferings.

I felt more blessed in this Manna and I am truly inspired since it was God who spoke to me and God is speaking to you right now. It is an awesome Presence of our Lord Jesus Christ! Song came to my heart to sing this: O how I love Him (You)! How I adore Him (You)! My breath my sunshine. My all in all! The great Creator became my Savior, And in God’s fullness dwelleth in Him (You). (Inspiring Chorus)

Bow down in prayer with tears: Oh God of Heaven and earth, have mercy on us. Forgive our sins and cleanse us with the precious blood of Jesus. By His bloodiest stripes, we are healed. Thank You for the depth of Your Words. I am truly inspired with what You have shown me and share with others who are going through time of sufferings. Yes, we now know that You truly loves us and You truly cares for us and working in our lives to be like Jesus who had patience in suffering for us. In Jesus’ name. We love You, Jesus even more and more! Amen!

 God bless you!

Dorothy

 

 

No comments: