Friday, January 8, 2021

Jesus, Our Peace 1/2-7/21

02-07 January 2021 - Overwhelm - Manna by Dorothy & Tony Callies

Ephesians 2:14 “For He is our peace …”

 The reason I brought up that subject “overwhelm,” I read ‘Our Daily Bread’ on the “Fireworks of Life” on Dec. 31, 2020. At first, it didn’t make sense to compare ‘fireworks’ with my lives. But after reading several times, I see the writer’s point and it was good. But what does it applies to me personally?  For me, it’s more like ‘overwhelm.’

 Writing Manna was time consuming.  I need time to study my Bible lessons as well. So as time went by until midnight of January 7th, I woke up with severe cramp on my right lower leg close to ankle. I struggle until I went into tub with a pail of warm water to warm up my leg. Whew! It really helps. I went back to sleep. Then again, cramp on my left lower leg so I kept walking and stretching until the cramp stop. I felt like I was being attack. I decided to read something from devotion and I ask the Lord to talk to me.

 Through the devotion, I realized that God was encouraging me to look to Jesus on Ephesians 2:14 “He himself is our peace.” I question myself, ‘what was I going through?’ Lots of things going on that it was difficult for me to handle. It was like a “multi-tasks,” doing many things that sometimes it overwhelm me. God just wants to remind me that Jesus, Himself is my peace. So I relax and rest in this verse, Jesus is my peace.

 Ephesians 2:14 “For He is our peace …”

Dorothy

 

 

No comments: