Friday, January 1, 2021

A New Year's Resolution

January First 2021 by Dorothy and Tony Callies

Theme: A New Year’s Resolution!

 Resolution means decide something what you want to do to improve yourself. Instead of thinking for ourselves, start thinking of others, doing something for them.  Some people make a New Year’s resolution. The idea came after my testimony from 26-30 Dec 2020 about being a caregiver to Tony. My thought popped up about Matthew 25:31-40. So I’m using my simple translation on Matthew 25:40.

 The King said, “Truly, I tell you the truth, what you have done it to others, you have done it unto Me.”  This is exactly what I did … wash His feet through washing Tony’s feet. Other list what you do to others, you also do to Jesus. Imagine that!

 1. Food to the hungry people.

2. Water or drink to thirty people.

3. Lonely, visit or invite to your home.

4. No clothes and give clothing to wear.

5. Sick, visit or take care of them until well.

6. Prison, visit them.

 So great reward await for you when you hear the King will say to the people on His right, ‘Come, My Father has given you His blessing. Receive the kingdom of God has prepare for you since the world was made. I was hungry, and you gave Me food.  I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink. I was alone and away from home, and you invited Me to your house. I was without clothes, and you gave Me something to wear.  I was sick, and you cared for Me. I was in prison, and you visited Me.’

 Then the good people will ask Jesus when they really did that to Him. Jesus will simply answer with famous Matthew 25:40. Whatever you do to others, you did it unto Him. There will be another group on the left that Jesus will say to them, ‘Go away from Me. You will be punished. Go into the fire that burns forever that was prepared for the devil and his (demon) angels.’

 Then those people will ask, “When did we see You in any of these things and not do that to You?” In Matthew 25:45 NCV, “Then the King will answer, ‘I tell you the truth, anything you refused to do for even the least of My people here, you refused to do for Me.’”

 The Golden Rule: “Do to others what you want them to do to you” (Matt. 7:12 NCV). To me I think that would be a good “New Year’s Resolution.”

 May the Lord bless you real good.

Dorothy

No comments: